Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Hot Sauce


After arriving home for spring break I open the refrigerator and, as always, there is no food to be found except for a bottle of tapatio. Tapatio is a type of hot sauce and I personally believe it is the best in the world. So I call my mom and let her know I was back and ask when she would arrive home. Then I ask, “Can you buy food before coming home?” She replies, “What do you want?” I think, “What can I eat with what we already have here?” Then it hits me, pizza! I always eat pizza with either peppers or hot sauce, and the tapatio is the perfect condiment. Tabasco is another type of hot sauce which I am not a fan of. Because of its overwhelming flavor and intense heat, it does not compliment the food. Instead of providing an extra flavor, it overwhelms the taste of the actual dish. The perfect hot sauce provides the spice and flavor without overwhelming the essence of the dish.
Hot sauce is the perfect combination with any type of food. It adds a special “kick” to Asian food, adds a great taste to Hispanic food, and adds a spice to American food. Together with the hoisin sauce, it completes the Vietnamese dish called pho. With salsa, it becomes a necessity when eating tacos, burritos, pupusas, and tamales. When it comes to American food, it is just a great addition for the spice many seek. In my opinion, the best dish to combine with the hot sauce is microwaveable noodles. Cup of Noodles way sometimes taste bland, but with the addition of tapatio, it becomes a great dish. This combination helped me survive senior year and kept me full for all six periods.
Any spicy food enthusiast would agree that hot sauce gives a great “kick” and even greater flavor to any type of food imaginable. Even those who do not enjoy the spice can add a small serving and appreciate the flavor offered by the sauce. After all, tapatio’s slogan is “Es una salsa… Muy salsa,” which roughly translates to “It is sauce that is… very saucy.”

No comments:

Post a Comment